If you're a garlic lover, resist the temptation to add extra garlic to this recipe as it will overpower the other flavors in the pesto.
Servings: 6 to 8. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt plus more to taste
- 2 cups packed arugula leaves
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup packed mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons capers rinsed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Toast almonds and pine nuts in a skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant and pale golden. Let cool.
Pulse nuts, garlic, and salt in a food processor or blender until coarsely chopped. Add arugula, basil, mint, and capers and pulse until finely chopped. With the motor running, pour olive oil through the feed tube and process until smooth. Add additional salt, as needed, to taste.
Use immediately or store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a week.