Single-Serving Vanilla Lemonade
Sweet and tart with a hint-of-vanilla, this cool, refreshing Single-Serving Vanilla Lemonade is ready in minutes. If you like bubbles, mix in sparkling water instead of regular cold water.
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice (from 1 medium lemon)
- 1/2 cup cold water plus a tablespoon or two more if needed
- lemon slices for garnish
- basil, lemon verbena, or edible flowers for garnish
Combine sugar and hot water in a large, heat-proof drinking glass.
Mix in vanilla extract, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup cold water. Stir well to combine.
Taste the lemonade. If needed, add a bit more cold water, keeping in mind that the ice will dilute the mixture.
Add ice to fill the cup and mix well.
Garnish with sliced lemons, fresh basil, lemon verbena, or edible flowers, if desired.