Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission for my referral at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Flour Arrangements.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Using a small ice cream scoop with a release mechanism makes shaping cookies a breeze. It also helps standardize cookie size.
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter (12 tablespoons)
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup in the bowl of a standing electric mixer. With the paddle attachment, beat until fluffy. Mix in vanilla, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add egg and beat until well combined. Stir in flour and then mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop scant tablespoons of dough on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for about 12 minutes, rotating trays halfway through baking, until the cookies are just beginning to brown around their bottom edges. The cookies will look underdone on top, but they will set up as they cool. Leave cookies on baking sheets for five minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.