Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission for my referral at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Flour Arrangements.
Candied Almond Slivers
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar divided
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (if using regular table salt, reduce amount to 3/4 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together one tablespoon of the sugar with the salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the slivered almonds and 4 tablespoons of the sugar to the skillet. Stir constantly with a silicone spatula until the sugar melts and the almonds become fragrant and look pale golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the reserved sugar mixture, mixing well to combine.
- Transfer the nuts to the prepared baking pan, spreading them out as much as you can. Once cool, break the nuts into pieces.